Learning about infertility is challenging. Why?
- There is a vast amount of information to weed through.
- Much of the information available needs to be to judged based on our religious beliefs.
- There are big words, loads of acronyms, and let’s face it…so much to do with sexuality and reproduction (not the easiest or most comfortable information to go through).
- Infertility is an emotionally loaded topic, so learning about it can be extremely draining.
What advice would I give you? Give yourself time. You do not need to be an expert today or even tomorrow. For many couples dealing with infertility, they will have a lifetime to understand infertility in its entirety.
As you begin this new education, you will find that there are many places to seek information. You may ask yourself questions such as,
- Where do I start?
- What sources are reliable?
- How can I know what to believe?
- How can I know what is right for me and my spouse?
- What does the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints say about infertility and its associated treatments?
This section is devoted to helping lead you in the right direction. Click on the links above for more information.