ldsInfertility.org Support Groups
In an effort to help raise awareness, to encourage discussion, and to provide an opportunity to share tangible ways to deal with infertility, ldsinfertility.org sponsors small support groups.
- To create a warm, comfortable, and caring environment for discussion.
- To open dialogue.
- To invite those who attend to participate in a discussion on infertility, as they feel comfortable.
- To provide those who attend to feel that they are not alone.
- To have everyone leave feeling lifted and hopeful.
- To consider ways the gospel can help us as we deal with the challenges of life.
- These support groups are offered at no charge to women who would like to attend (in the future, we may open support groups just for men).
- The support groups are casual in nature, so feel free to dress casually.
- Usually, a support group will last no longer than 1 1/2 hours, but will be based on the needs of the group.
Current ldsinfertility.org Support Groups:
Las Cruces, New Mexico
Starting April 2011
Contact: Tammy…firstname.lastname@example.org or 575-496-2259.
Please contact Tammy before attending your first meeting.
Cedar City, Utah
Second Tuesday of each month
Contact: Dawn-Marie, email@example.com, 435-590-9491, ldsinfertilityblogspot.com
Contact Dawn-Marie about location.
Ogden, Utah–(Support Group not run directly through LDSinfertility.org)
First Meeting: Saturday, May 4, 2013
@ 11:00 am
2454 w 1900 n
Farr west, UT
Lunch will be served.
For more information, go to http://www.conceivablehope.com
Meetings: Wednesday evenings (every other week)
Contact: Kelsey Redd, firstname.lastname@example.org or 360-536-5710 (Contact Kelsey about location and other details)
Salt Lake City, Utah
Meetings: Last Tuesday of the month, first meeting March 25th
Contact: Camille Hawkins, email@example.com, 801-971-5358 (Contact Camille about location and other details)
Location: Near Sugarhouse
If you would like to start a support group in your area, please contact me…Kerstin Daynes (firstname.lastname@example.org). What does it involve, you ask?
1. Decide when you want to meet (i.e. 7:00 every 2nd Tuesday). And when your first meeting will be.
2. Decide where. I am going to do the Lehi one in my home. I am not posting addresses on the website–I will just give that out to legitimate people who contact me via email.
3. I will put your name, general location (i.e. Logan, Utah), and your email (and phone number, if you wish)
People can then contact you directly. You can also talk to other women you know and invite them to come. I will send out an email to people I know to let them know about your group and how to contact you.