Do You Want to be a “Guest Writer”?
Your stories, your thoughts, your experiences, and your perspectives are inspiring to me. And, I know they can benefit others.
So, consider this an official invitation to you! I have been impressed with how you cope, how you have made sense of your life with infertility, and what you are doing to help others. I would love for you to share your stories and your thoughts. Every month, I will pull out something from one of you for a “guest post”. Some ideas you could write about…
- Specific elements of your situation (PCOS, male factor infertility, endometriosis) and how you are dealing with it.
- How you have strengthened your marriage relationship as you have dealt with infertility together.
- Scriptures that have helped you see your experience differently or have brought you peace.
- A conference talk or church article that has helped change your perspective.
- Ways you have responded positively to the comments others have made.
- Things you have done to help others understand infertility (i.e. helping your mother or mother-in-law know what to say or not to say).
- Or, if you are fertile, you could share something you have learned during your experience with a friend who is infertile.
- There is no word limit for responses.
- Please cite resources used (we all like to add resources to our box of treasures).
- Always remain positive about the Gospel. We all know that there are negative feelings associated with infertility. Let’s acknowledge the feelings, but make sure that the Gospel is not the unfair scapegoat for those feelings.
- Of course, replace any names with fictitious ones to protect our friends, family, and acquaintances.
If you would like to participate, please start sending your “entries” to my email kerstin(dot)firstname.lastname@example.org. If you are anything like me, I always work better when there is a deadline. Here are some deadlines for 2011:
1st Quarter: February 28th
2nd Quarter: April 28th
3rd Quarter: July 28th
4th Quarter: October 28th
I can’t wait to see what you have to share!!